“Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.” Isaiah 25:9
The second coming of Jesus is the hope of His people. Jesus promised in His word that He’ll come back and deliver His people from this wicked sinful world: “John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
However the adversary of souls is also constantly working to deceive all who are not grounded in God’s word. Only the diligent students of the Bible would be able to stand firm in the final crisis. It’s a very crucial matter. Satan will deceive all who are not grounded in God’s word. To be able to stand, you have to know how the second coming of Jesus Christ would occur. When you know this Bible truth, you’ll overcome the devil’s deceptions. One of Satan’s most taught erroneous doctrine is the secret rapture theory. It is taught by many Christians that there’ll be a secret rapture, then a seven year tribulation. Where would we find this false doctrine in God’s word?? No where to be found!!
The Bible Is our only anchor against all the devil falsehoods. The reason why the devil has propagated these false doctrines through movies and popular churches is that he would want to counterfeit the second coming of Jesus and secondly make it appear to the impenitent that there’s still second chance after the 7 year tribulation which are all lies! Let’s get into the word of God and know the striking facts concerning the second coming of Jesus so that we don’t get deceived.
1) The second coming of Jesus will be very audible: “Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” “Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”. There won’t be any secret thing. there will be great noise, thunders, clashing of mountains, islands disappearing. All eyes(both righteous and wicked) shall see Jesus coming with the clouds. His brightness shall slay the wicked(2 Thessalonians 2:8) and they shall not resurrect until the thousand years is over(Revelation 20:5). Thus the second resurrection.
2) The feet of Jesus shall NOT touch the earth. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. When Jesus came the first time as a lamb, He walked on the earth during His mission. He lived among men but this time He Won’t come as a lamb again but a King! The King of Kings and LORD OF LORDS is His name. He(Jesus) shall come with His innumerable angels and Jesus shall call forth His sleeping saints. They shall rise from their sleep and be caught up to meet the Lord in the clouds. After this reunion, Jesus and the saints will travel to Heaven, the city of God. Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
3) Jesus will send His angels to gather the elect: Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
All who belongs to Christ shall be taken by the angels up to meet their Beloved Savior. Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
4)The earth and its foundation will be destroyed: Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Creation will tremble before its maker, all things shall be out of order. The earth will be made desolate. No human will be alive on earth after Jesus takes His saints to Heaven. All the sinners would be dead by now. Revelation 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
5) Satan will be bound for thousand years: Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled. There’s a limit to Satan’s wickedness. He shall be limited here on the desolate earth without anyone to tempt and destroy. It’ll be a very painful experience for the archdeceiver beholding the fruit of his rebellion. The only thing he’ll see is the desolate earth filled with dead bodies!! Jeremiah 14:16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.
6) There’ll be no life on earth after Jesus takes His Saints: This Bible truth condemns the false doctrines taught by many false prophets: the seven year tribulation is a false doctrine. After Jesus comes and the earth is made desolate, there’ll be no human alive here on earth. There’s no seven year tribulation. This is doctrine of devils. The Jesuits created the secret rapture theory and the 7 year tribulation. (Read About The Jesuits Here), With this false doctrine, many are still clinging to sin believing that they’ll be left here on earth to make things right again! That’s a lie. It’ll be too late when Jesus pronounces the final irrevocable words: Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Now is the time to choose your eternal destiny. It’s either you’re saved or lost. No one will be left here on earth to pass through 7 year tribulation to refine them for the courts above. Now is the time to prepare for the second coming of Jesus before it’s too late. Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. 22:22 Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.
7) The righteous shall be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye: 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
The resurrection of Jesus was a sample of the final resurrection of all who sleep in Him. The risen body of the Saviour, His deportment, the accents of His speech, were all familiar to His followers. In like manner will those who sleep in Jesus rise again. We shall know our friends even as the disciples knew Jesus. Though they may have been deformed, diseased, or disfigured in this mortal life, yet in their resurrected and glorified body their individual identity will be perfectly preserved, and we shall recognize, in the face radiant with the light shining from the face of Jesus, the lineaments of those we love (The Spirit of Prophecy 3:219).6BC 1092.6
Personality Preserved in a New Body—Our personal identity is preserved in the resurrection, though not the same particles of matter or material substance as went into the grave. The wondrous works of God are a mystery to man. The spirit, the character of man, is returned to God, there to be preserved. In the resurrection every man will have his own character. God in His own time will call forth the dead, giving again the breath of life, and bidding the dry bones live. The same form will come forth, but it will be free from disease and every defect. It lives again bearing the same individuality of features, so that friend will recognize friend. There is no law of God in nature which shows that God gives back the same identical particles of matter which composed the body before death. God shall give the righteous dead a body that will please Him. 6BC 1093.2
Paul illustrates this subject by the kernel of grain sown in the field. The planted kernel decays, but there comes forth a new kernel. The natural substance in the grain that decays is never raised as before, but God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him. A much finer material will compose the human body, for it is a new creation, a new birth. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body (Manuscript 76, 1900).6BC 1093.3 ( 6BC: SDA Bible Commentary 6 )