There is an alarming growth of diseases in the world and its not going down because most of our doctors have forgot to tell us, that your diet is your health. What you eat makes you sick or healthy hence the saying, you are what you eat.
Whenever people are advised to discard meat strong opposition arise because we care more about our appetite than being “temperate in all things.” 1 Corinthians 9:25
Why would I worry to give this advise? Because the Bible said we’re all each others keeper so we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. It is true God permitted people to eat meat in the Bible(Only clean meat) after the flood but ask yourself why God appointed fruits and vegetables to be the sole diet of our first parents?
God is all knowing and He knows what’s best for our health that’s why He gave Adam and Eve fruits and vegetables. But after sin meat eating came into existence when all crops were destroyed by the flood and God said humans life will be short on Earth henceforth. “Psalms 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away”.
It is because of our sins that we are living a short life now but meat eating makes our predicament even worse. Doctors say that many of the deadly diseases like stroke, and cancer are caused by the intake of animal flash.
Swine flesh makes matters worse and yet still its the world’s chief meat, which has resulted in uncountable infections.
In 2015, the World Health Organization placed processed meats like bacon in the same category of cancer risk as asbestos and smoking cigarettes.
Meat intake can cause stroke: Study shows that vegetarians have low risk as compared to meat consumers when having stroke. Meat doesn’t allow the blood to flow well because it causes blockages in the blood vessels. Why not go vegan?
Diabetes: According to researchers, meat is “one of the most well-established dietary risk factors” for diabetes. Source
Obesity: In the United States more than 40% of the population are obese according to research and majority of this is caused by meat.
The risk factors are many but you can avoid them if you choose plant based diet. I encourage you to take the bold step.
Meat is not essential for health or strength, else the Lord made a mistake when He provided food for Adam and Eve before their fall. All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains.—The Review and Herald, May 8, 1883 CD 395.2
It is a mistake to suppose that muscular strength depends on the use of animal food. The needs of the system can be better supplied, and more vigorous health can be enjoyed, without its use. The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood. These elements are not so well or so fully supplied by a flesh diet. Had the use of flesh been essential to health and strength, animal food would have been included in the diet appointed man in the beginning.—The Ministry of Healing, 316, 1905 CD 396.1
[Meat Not Advised in the Case of Impoverished Diet—319]
Why Use Secondhand Food?
703. The diet of the animals is vegetables and grains. Must the vegetables be animalized, must they be incorporated into the system of animals, before we get them? Must we obtain our vegetable diet by eating the flesh of dead creatures? God provided fruit in its natural state for our first parents. He gave to Adam charge of the garden, to dress it, and to care for it, saying, “To you it shall be for meat.” One animal was not to destroy another animal for food.—Letter 72, 1896 CD 396.2
704. Those who eat flesh are but eating grains and vegetables at second hand; for the animal receives from these things the nutrition that produces growth. The life that was in the grains and vegetables passes into the eater. We receive it by eating the flesh of the animal. How much better to get it direct by eating the food that God provided for our use!—The Ministry of Healing, 313, 1905 CD 396.3
Meat a Typical Stimulant
705. When the use of flesh food is discontinued, there is often a sense of weakness, a lack of vigor. Many urge this as evidence that flesh food is essential; but it is because foods of this class are stimulating, because they fever the blood and excite the nerves, that they are so missed. Some will find it as difficult to leave off flesh eating as it is for the drunkard to give up his dram; but they will be the better for the change.—The Ministry of Healing, 316, 1905 CD 396.4
[See also 61]
706. Flesh food also is harmful. Its naturally stimulating effect should be a sufficient argument against its use; and the almost universally diseased condition of animals makes it doubly objectionable. It tends to irritate the nerves and to excite the passions, thus giving the balance of power to the lower propensities.—Education, 203, 1903 CD 397.1
707. I was somewhat surprised at your argument as to why a meat-eating diet kept you in strength, for, if you put yourself out of the question, your reason will teach you that a meat diet is not of as much advantage as you suppose. You know how you would answer a tobacco devotee if he urged, as a plea for the use of tobacco, the arguments you have advanced as a reason why you should continue the use of the flesh of dead animals as food. CD 397.2
The weakness you experience without the use of meat is one of the strongest arguments I could present to you as a reason why you should discontinue its use. Those who eat meat feel stimulated after eating this food, and they suppose they are made stronger. After one discontinues the use of meat, he may for a time feel a weakness, but when his system is cleansed from the effect of this diet, he no longer feels the weakness, and will cease to wish for that which he has pleaded for as essential to his strength.—Letter 73a, 1896 CD 397.3
More than forty years ago [Written in 1909.] the LORD gave us special light on health reform, but how are we walking in that light? how many have refused to live in harmony with the counsels of God! As a people we should make advancement proportionate to the light received. It is OUR DUTY to understand and respect the principles of health reform. • Counsels on Diet and Foods, Page 404