Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
God instituted marriage and blessed it. When humans see the sacredness of marriage as God values it then they will know how lucky they are to be having a life companion. It is God who saw the necessity of giving man his companion to help him in life and together honor their creator. It was God’s intention when he made marriage and still His intention to make it to represent how Heaven will be, thus a small Heaven. Though humans sold their sovereignty to the devil, Jesus has restored it through His death on the cross. The plan of redemption is successfully accomplished yet we would still have dangerous encounter and obstacles from our enemy, thus his fierce temptations. Total peace and harmony will be restored only when sin and sinners are destroyed. Therefore while we’re still on earth we will have challenges and temptations but God is right there to strengthen and keep us. Amen.
Marriage is one of Satan’s greatest target and he hates it. He hates it relentlessly because God blessed it. He knows when men fulfill God’s plan he had for marriage, they will be blessed with God’s presence, peace and it’ll be a representation of Heaven. With the help of God and your cooperation, you can love your wife as God intended for you to do from the beginning. Men think they only have to express their affection for a woman only when they are seeking to win her love, thus courting time but it extends even far from there. It’s not over when you marry but just the beginning. You must continue what you started and by the grace of God you can cherish your wife the way Heaven will approve. Let’s look at these 7 ways that’ll help you treat your wife as the love of your life all your days together.
1) Continue the early attentions: Many do not make it their objective to study and know what makes their wife happy. It’s not over when you’re married. Continue to buy her flowers as you did earlier. Continue to give compliments, the surprise gifts, and all the rest. Marriage is a school and you would have to study very well to know how to treat your spouse so well. The enemy will seek to alienate but don’t give the chance by the grace of God.
Continue the early attentions. In every way encourage each other in fighting the battles of life. Study to advance the happiness of each other. Let there be mutual love, mutual forbearance. Then marriage, instead of being the end of love, will be as it were the very beginning of love. The warmth of true friendship, the love that binds heart to heart, is a foretaste of the joys of heaven.5 AH 106.1
All should cultivate patience by practicing patience. By being kind and forbearing, true love may be kept warm in the heart, and qualities will be developed that Heaven will approve.6 AH 106.2
2) Let your eye be single to the Glory of God. Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Married life doesn’t take away the enemy’s temptations. Marriage gives you responsibilities but it doesn’t cease the devil from tempting you. You would still encounter temptation that’ll challenge your love for your spouse. Purpose it in your heart to single your eye only to the Glory of God. The Glory of God is loving your wife greatly and cherishing her above all. This reveals the Glory of God to the world and they will see how a marriage founded on God’s principle look like. Don’t give another woman the affection ONLY due to your wife. After God, Cherish your wife above everything and seek to move from Glory to Glory. This principle Heaven will approve and it’ll be a blessing to yourself and your wife and also to the world. “Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
3) Be pitiful, kind and slow to anger towards the love of your life. “1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:” Having compassion for your wife means being patient in all things, slow to anger, forgive her when she wrong you. As a human being, you might be angry but God says do not sin. It is better to explain to your wife what she did wrong that upset you than to be angry all the day long. It is sin to do so. Forgive her and always remember how you cherish her before the marriage journey. It is the same woman you were ready to give all for just that Satan is blinding you to do things you shouldn’t do to the woman you love. Don’t allow the enemy to blind and distract you. He wish you no good but only destruction. By God’s grace you can love your wife and cherish her always. Make it your highest priority to do that.
4) Resist the devil. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Sometimes you’ll wonder why you mistreating your wife but you should know its the enemy of souls seeking to destroy your happiness and peace. Satan delights in broken marriages, conflicts and anything that’ll mar your happiness and God’s plan for your marriage. However he can never avoid God’s plan in your life. By surrendering all to God, He will strengthen you to overcome the enemy of souls, Satan.
You must go to God and ask him forstrength. Ask him that his grace may influence your hearts, and make you right. Believe the Lord will do it; trust him to do it. You can be little Christians; you can love and serve God. AY 43.1. God does not ask us to do in our own strength the work before us.He has provided divine assistance for all the emergencies to which our human resources are unequal. He gives the Holy Spirit to help in every strait, to strengthen our hope and assurance, to illuminate our minds and purify our hearts.—The Southern Watchman, August 1, 1905.ChS 253.4
5) Be prayerful and fight the good fight of faith. The battle before Humanity can only be accomplished by Divine strength. Jesus has promised us to pray and He’ll hear our cry. “John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” Jesus knows all the struggles and will help you do what’s right. Trust in His saving power for there’s nothing impossible with God! “Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” “Jeremiah 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:” “1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” “Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” “Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
God Will help you love your wife and you must cooperate with God.
Draw nigh to God and resist The Devil.
6) Protect the family circle. One thing that can Mar your happiness putting your wife aside and taking your friends, others as your counselor and advisor. This is not God’s plan but the enemy’s scheme to steal and destroy. God’s plan is clearly revealed in His word.
“Mark 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” When you marry, your wife becomes your friend, counselor, advisor, I mean everything. Don’t disobey God’s word and involve third party in your marriage. God will be with your wife to grant her wisdom and discernment to help you in decision making. Women are deep thinkers and God knows why He gave you such a beautiful wife. Love and treat her like a princess, yeah because she’s a princess. Her father is the Most High God and you’re to take good care of her.
“Proverbs 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. 5:20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.”
7) Love her and continue to even love her more till death do you apart. Proverbs 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. 5:20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Neither husband nor wife is to make a plea for rulership. The Lord has laid down the principle that is to guide in this matter. The husband is to cherish his wife as Christ cherishes the church. And the wife is to respect and love her husband.Both are to cultivate the spirit of kindness, being determined never to grieve or injure the other. CCh 127.2. The husband promising to love and cherish his wife. If the law of God is obeyed, the demon of strife will be kept out of the family, and no separation of interests will take place, no alienation of affection will be permitted.7 AH 106.3
Make a difference in the world by loving and cherishing your wife God’s way. Be a Light! Happy Long lasting Marriage!